Customer Instrument Process Liaison
Long Beach, CA, United States
This position is no longer available.
- Salary: $75-$90k Annual
- City: Long Beach
- State/Province: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 90805
The SPSA Customer Instrument Process Liaison requires in-depth knowledge of sterile processing tasks, the identification and flow of instruments and best practice standards, within surgical services and sterile processing areas in acute care hospital settings. Facilitates getting instrument trays sent offsite for reprocessing at SPSA facilities. Identifies opportunities for instrument process improvements and compliance with best practice standards pertaining to sterile processing. Assists customers in process and quality improvements within the instrument tray process loop.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Works closely with OR and SPD staff to review the Surgical Schedule identifying opportunities improved management of tray priorities and management of inventory.
- Demonstrates strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Facilitates communication between SPD and SPSA regarding status of trays and opportunity for decompression of volume in SPD.
- Demonstrates ability to present information to a group and answer questions pertaining to process, scope of work, automated instrument tracking systems and best practice standards for instrument reprocessing.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with Customers on site at a medical facility.
- Demonstrates knowledge of tray tracking systems in order to work with customers to extract and evaluate instrument tray inventory, usage and total inventory available to best determine what products can be routed to SPSA for offsite reprocessing.
- Understand the OR & SPD process to perform assessment on the onsite process flows, providing guidance and leadership to implement improvements as required.
- Demonstrate ability to educate and train customers and all staff on how to utilize SynergyTrak Customer portal.
- Act as a line of communication between customer and SPSA at all times, raising any areas that will benefit both parties from improvement.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and skills to develop a working partnership with the Customer and SPSA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsible for leading the customer teams and working with SPSA teams on the process for instrument tray reprocessing.
Travel to new and existing customer sites may involve an overnight stay and ground transportation.
Two to four years of experience as an OR Core Technician and/or customer liaison in a medium to large medical surgical facility. Minimum 1 year experience working in an offsite reprocessing center (ORC) in a senior technician role.
High school diploma or GED required. Trade school/college education or associate degree preferred. Certification in Sterile Processing required. Certification in operating room Technology acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently, manage time and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent effective communication skills.
- Good computer skills with overall knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Able to navigate and respond to emails.
- Detail-oriented, good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to interact with clients.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with some additional weekend work required.
- Fast learner.
- Good Time management skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment throughout the facility. Moderate exposure to strong odorous chemicals or elements, excessive noise, and dust.
SPSA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SPSA offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com