Driver (Route Representative)
Long Beach, CA, United States
This position is no longer available.
- Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Salary: $19 to $26/hour
- City: Long Beach
- State/Province: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 90805
Delivers transport carts and/or totes to customers using a company provided truck or van. Transports product to delivery areas at accounts/facilities. Maintains accuracy of deliveries, obtains signatures on any required documents, and interfaces with customers daily. Maintains professional relationships as the customer facing representative for SPSA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Drives company truck and/or van carrying supply carts or totes for clients.
- Duties performed on a regular basis require a Class C license.
- Load and unload truck/van at healthcare facilities and deliver carts, totes and other company products as directed.
- Uses company gas cards appropriately and reports discrepancies in process.
- Daily pick-up of instruments/medical devices for reprocessing.
- Interact with customers daily and discuss customer needs to communicate back to management.
- Ensure all POD’s are correctly signed and dated with time of delivery and return.
- Act as facility’s primary representative at customer facilities daily.
- Performs all pre-trip safety inspections, preventative truck/van maintenance inspections, and all other regulations per the Department of Transportation.
- Cleans the company vehicle/truck/van per SPSA’s Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide accurate feedback from customers to facility management and/or Quality Assurance, as applicable.
- Keep accurate records/logs.
- Must possess, maintain and be subject to state and/or DOT license checks.
- Demonstrates compliance with customer required vendor credentials to include potential safety, biohazardous and precautionary training and vaccination requirements.
- Assist in any other areas as directed.
100% Travel; no overnight stays, per the normal course of duty. Drivers report to SPSA facility at the start and end of each shift.
Class C Driver’s License with a safe driving record is required. At a minimum, one year’s experience driving a standard vehicle is preferred.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Able to maintain Drivers License- Class C.
- Able to obtain any other licenses or pass tests required by regulatory agencies at that location.
- Able to maintain safe driving record.
- Able to push/pull loaded carts of customer’s items (weighing up to 400 pounds) on and off truck and transfer to designated areas of a customer’s facility.
- Able to communicate professionally with customers.
- Ability to keep accurate log sheets and documents.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tasks. supervisors and coworkers as appropriate.
- Ability to read and understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
General work environment includes traffic and exposure to outside temperatures. Additional exposure to dust; excessive noise; climate- controlled environment; and controlled access.
SPSA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SPSA offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org