Long Beach, CA, United States
This position is no longer available.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years
Salary: $70,000 to $90,000
City: Long Beach
Country: United States
Zip/Postal Code: 90805
The Educator position is responsible for the sterile processing educational requirements, implementation, and monitoring at SPSA. The development, execution, and monitoring of sterile processing technician’s training and performance is of paramount importance. The Educator will work closely with SPSA’s quality and process engineers, as well as management to ensure appropriate quality training is accomplished as part of regular business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Responsible to develop and administer all processing technicians training and educational programs.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates both a new employee orientation and work area orientation programs. Serves as a mentor for all employees and models’ best practice and ISO standard compliance.
- Maintains accurate, timely and complete educational files, including competency assessments, ongoing in-service education, and personal training in response to quality defects and non-conforming products.
- Ensure compliance with all government or SPSA mandated programs including, but not limited to, directives identified in the FDA and in the Quality Systems Manual (QSM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), employee training manual, HR Policy and Procedure manual, and OSHA compliance.
- Develops specific training programs/modules in response to process improvement opportunities and regulatory requirements.
- Functions as a positive, creative, and effective leader, actively participating in performance improvement activities and consulting in implementation of education programs
- Develops and administers annual processing technician’s educational needs assessment and demonstrates integration of needs into annual training program.
- Assists sites leadership to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, regulatory agency standards and licensure requirements. Also ensures compliance with SOP’s and company work instructions.
- Oversees all aspects of technical training and on-going education.
- Serves as SPSA expert for industry processing standards.
- Ensure safety is modeled and maintained at all workstations and throughout the facility.
- Works with Quality Assurance and site leaders to ensure all SPSA personnel training files are complete and up to date.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Up to 50%, as needed for training, conferences or additional SPSA facility support.
Minimum of 3 years of experience which includes extensive knowledge of recommended sterile processing practices as advised by AAMI standards.
College degree required or equivalent work experience may be substituted for educational background. Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently, manage time and work effectively under pressure.
- Good computer skills with overall knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to write business communications, make groups presentations, and effectively impart information at staff meetings.
- Detail-oriented, good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, with some additional seasonal or weekend work required.
Work is performed in a fast-paced indoor production area with little exposure to dust and high temperatures; moderate exposure to excessive noise; climate-controlled environment; and controlled access. Possible exposure to infectious materials and strong odorous chemicals or elements. Occasional remote work.
SPSA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SPSA offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com